These ground turkey meatballs have a savory appeal thanks to a slenderized Dijon sauce.
I truly believe there isn’t one person on this earth that doesn’t like a meatball of some kind, including my vegetarian friends. I suppose that technically a Veggie Ball isn’t a “meat” ball – but it’s still the same idea.
We love our favorite ingredients rolled into large or small spheres and served with a sweet or savory sauce.
Personally? It doesn’t matter to me whether my meatball recipe includes ground beef, ground chicken, lentils, or in this case – ground turkey. I like them all.
Add a savory sauce that picks up those crusty pan drippings to your meatballs and you’ll have created not only a good meatball, but a great meatball. (Sorry – still working on my food styling efforts, the sauce is in the bottom of the bowl.)
Happy, healthy cooking!
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
- 1 ¼ pounds ground turkey breast
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large egg white
- ¼ cup low fat plain yogurt
- ¾ cup low fat chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine ingredients in a bowl, except broth, Dijon mustard and reserving 1/2 teaspoon of thyme.
- Using 1/4 cup measure form turkey into balls.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Add meatballs and brown on all sides - approximately 8 - 10 minutes.
- Remove pan to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes until meatballs are no longer pink in the center.
- Remove the meatballs from the pan. Place pan back on the stove over medium high heat and add broth, Dijon mustard and thyme. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer, scraping the bits stuck to the pan from the turkey meatballs into the sauce. Reduce by half for 5 - 6 minutes and add back meatballs.
- Toss meatballs in sauce and serve.
Per each meatball:
Calories: 114 Weight Watchers PointsPlus 3 Total Fat: 4.23g Cholesterol: 39mg Sodium: 162mg Total Carbs: 4.62g Dietary Fiber: 0.27g Sugars: 0.85g Protein: 13.06g
If you’re looking for healthy and low calorie Weight Watchers recipes, check out my Recipe page. You’ll find hundreds of recipes that include nutrition information and Weight Watchers points.
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.