When I’m feeding a crowd, I like to have options on the dinner table for everyone. This easy vegetable lasagna is perfect because it pleases meat-free eaters and meat eaters alike.
Even better, I can make it one day – even two days – ahead of time so it’s ready to go.
Filled with deep green kale, ruby red tomatoes, and meaty mushrooms, every bite is as satisfying as any meat filled pasta. Be sure to use fresh basil – there is nothing like it to make a pasta dish pop!
Why not make two batches and add a pound of extra lean ground beef, chicken or turkey to the mix. Then you’ll have the best of both worlds on the table.
Now everyone is happy, including me. After all, at 300 calories per serving, my waistline can afford a plate of pasta.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper
- 10 ounces mushroom , sliced
- 8 cups kale, chopped
- ½ cup sun dried tomato, julienned (look for dehydrated tomatoes, not oil packed)
- ¾ cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 2 cups low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese , shredded
- ½ box whole wheat lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 13 x 9 baking dish, or large square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add oil. Add onion and cook 5 minutes until softened. Add kale, garlic, red pepper, mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, vegetable broth, and tomatoes. Cook another 8 - 10 minutes until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat and add ½ cup basil.
- Spread ⅓ of the mixture on the bottom of the baking dish. Top with a layer of noodles. Top noodles with ⅓ of cottage cheese, ⅓ of mozzarella and another ⅓ of the vegetables.
- Add another layer of noodles and top with top noodles with ⅓ of cottage cheese, ⅓ of mozzarella and remaining ⅓ of the vegetables.
- Add a final layer of noodles and top with remaining cottage cheese, mozzarella, remaining basil, and all of the parmesan.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 302, Weight Watchers PointsPlus 7
Total Fat: 9.36g
Total Carbs: 30.10g
Dietary Fiber: 2.49g