It’s been a fun week perusing Pinterest for healthy recipes.
You know I adore anything food related, so Pinterest is the perfect playground for me, though I often get distracted by the cat photos.
This is Frisco and Amelie. Both are rescue cats, and now part of the family. Amelie is a mouser, and do we ever need a cat that can chase down mice! We live on acreage, so they often find their way into the garage.
Anyway, once again I’ve been distracted by cats. Let’s see who’s cooking healthy recipes on Pinterest today, shall we?
- Swiss Chard and Golden Beet Frittata by Healthy Nibbles and Bits – it would never have occurred to me to add beets to a frittata and I love the idea.
- Breakfast Egg White Spinach Enchilada Omeletes from Skinny Taste – if you served this to family on the weekend, they’d never guess it was a low calorie, low point Weight Watchers meal.
- Blueberry Breakfast Quinoa from Damn Delicious – I like this protein packed breakfast idea.
- Panera CopyCat Lemon Orzo Soup from Girl and the Kitchen – her soup looks light and flavor packed. There is just a handful of ingredients to put in the pot.
- Strawberry Arugula Salad with Chicken, Goat Cheese, Almonds, and Creamy Strawberry Lemon Vinaigrette from EA Stewart – anything with chicken and goat cheese makes me happy, but it’s the vinaigrette that really sounds delish.
- Butter Lettuce Salad with Creamy Meyer Lemon Dressing, Hazelnuts and Mint from Pinch and Swirl – I like the combination of hazelnuts and mint. Butter lettuce is so sweet and tender.
- 30 Minute Sesame Roasted Sweet Potatoes from Pinch of Yum – her food photography is amazing. If you haven’t visited Pinch of Yum, you won’t be disappointed you took the time to see what she’s cooking.
- Enchilada Stuffed Bell Peppers from Chef in Training – this would make an easy weeknight meal.
- Beer Can Chicken from Mmm is for Mommy – this is a terrific tutorial for grilling chicken on a beer can. We’ve done this ourselves many times and the chicken turns out so moist.
- Thai Roast Chicken with Red Curry Rub from Feasting at Home – this is an easy flavorful way to roast chicken. I have some thighs in the frig ready to go, so I’ll be making these tonight.
- Grilled Pork Chops with Honey Mustard Glaze from Jessica Gavin – I must be in a grilling mood now that the weather is getting better. The grill marks on these pork chops are drool-worthy for sure.
- Skinny Laughing Cow Alfredo Sauce from The Best Blog Recipes – Laughing Cow is pretty high in sodium, so if you decided to make this sauce, taste test first before you add more salt. I think I’ll give this a try with the Orecchiette pasta I’m so hooked on.
- Garlicky Lemon Scallops from Kitchme – I can’t say the last time we dined on scallops. They can be a bit pricy, but worth the investment when I have dollars to spare.
- Skinny Cilantro Pesto by Slender Kitchen – I can see all kinds of uses for this easy pesto. Spread it over grilled meats and vegetables comes to my mind first.
- Sesame Chicken Baked Potstickers from Six Sisters’ Stuff – this looks like a terrific Friday night happy hour appetizer for Mr. Mike and I.
That’s it for today. I kid you not, Amelie has a mouse trapped under my coffee table. I’m going for a run while Mr. Mike helps her swoosh it back outside!
Enjoy your Sunday!