This is perfect timing for me to review healthy recipes for my must-try list this week.
I’m in desperate need of a grocery shopping trip. If you saw my pantry you’d be appalled. There are a few mushy apples and carrots in the frig, and one package of chicken in the freezer.
Let’s see what I’ll be shopping for today . . .
- Crunchy Chicken and Apple Salad from Recipe Girl – I’m not a fan of fruit, so any time I can work it into a dish, I’m happy.
- Thai Kale Salad with Coconut Lime Dressing from Three Beans on a String – I’m on a Thai kick lately. I love the heat!
- Quinoa Bowl with Citrus, Avocado and Edamame from Kellie’s Food to Glow – I don’t buy edamame often, but I will to make this fresh looking quinoa bowl.
- Greek Quinoa Chicken Salad from The Cafe – the photo of this salad makes me drool.
- Brown Rice Veggie Bowl from Eat Thrive Glow – this looks like a good make-ahead lunch idea.
- Steak Sandwiches with Pickled Onion and Herb Aioli from Point-less Meals – this’ll make Mr. Mike happy. He’s always asking for steak.
- Grilled Pork Tacos with Pineapple Salsa from Foxes Love Lemons – I like how she ties the marinade for her pork with her pineapple salsa by using pineapple juice in the marinade.
- Crab Quesadillas from Kitchme – doesn’t the word “crab” say it all?
- Cilantro and Lime Halibut from Favorite Family Recipes – this looks like a terrific recipe that would keep the halibut from becoming too dry (a problem I often have when I cook it).
- The New Guacamole from Delish – I’m always looking for a something to dip baked chips into. This healthy guacamole recipe calls for the addition of artichokes and kale. Obviously it wouldn’t fool folks into thinking they’re eating a classic guacamole, but it sure looks good.
I’m working on building a Pinterest board that includes recipes that always include Weight Watchers Points, so be sure to check it out if you’re working the Weight Watchers plan.
That’s all for today. Seattle is bathed in gorgeous sunshine, so I’m off to work in the yard. I hope your weekend will be just as enjoyable.