Are you ready for another weekend post of healthy recipes?
During the week I head over to Pinterest looking for recipes with a healthy spin. While one of my biggest pleasures is developing my own recipes, I find inspiration and delicious ideas from fellow food bloggers and healthy cooks.
Let’s see which healthy recipes made my list of the week . . .
- 10 Healthy Spiralized Recipes Under 350 Calories from Inspiralized – if you missed my recipe for Spicy Thai Chicken and Zucchini Noodle Soup, check it out. I bought a spiralizer that I’m in love with, and can’t wait to try a few of these recipes from Inspiralized.
- North African Cauliflower Salad with Charmoula Dressing from A Farmgirl’s Dabbles – cauliflower, carrots, raisins, feta, and a dressing with lemon, chilies, garlic, paprika cumin, coriander, and more. This looks like an interesting and flavor packed salad.
- Poppy Seed Chicken Fruit Salad Lettuce Wraps from Carlsbad Cravings – strawberries, avocado, mango, chicken and a poppyseed dressing. This is the way to make a wrap!
- Whole Wheat Gnocchi with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce from Cookin’ Canuck – Mr. Mike loves gnocchi, and I know Trader Joe’s sells the whole wheat version, along with organic red peppers.
- Gluten Free Mexican Taco Nacho Macaroni and Cheese from Jeanette’s Healthy Living – this is definitely a family pleaser, and a fun twist on mac and cheese.
- Skinny Orange Chicken from Gimme Some Oven – I usually buy orange chicken in the frozen section at Trader Joe’s for a quick meal, but I’m liking this version. It looks quick to make with far fewer calories and sodium than the frozen meal.
- Rustic Herbed Skillet Chicken and Vegetables from Plating Pixels – this cook is a fan of her cast iron skillet too!
- Spicy Fish Taco Bowls from Pinch of Yum – this is a terrific use for tilapia, a white fish that takes on all those delicious Mexican flavors.
- Grilled Salmon Kabobs from Maya Kitchenette – it’s the marinade that makes this healthy recipe sound so satisfying. Soy sauce, honey, lemon, garlic and ginger. Yum!
- Quinoa Chocolate Chip Granola Bars from The Lemon Bowl – as soon as I saw “no bake” I was a happy camper. Not to mention the ingredient list with quinoa, flax seed, chia seeds, peanut butter and chocolate chips.
- High Protein Banana Muffins from I Heart Vegetables – This recipe uses just a handful of ingredients that includes protein powder for that boost of satisfying protein I need to keep hunger pangs away.
- Eggs in a Hole from Natasha’s Kitchen – this is a creative twist on toads in a hole. Natasha uses bell pepper rings instead of toast. Perfect for folks cutting gluten from their diets.
Last, but far from least, I’m completely enamored of Curious Cuisiniere’s Greek Style Asparagus Salad. While asparagus is on sale, I want to take complete advantage.
That’s it for this weekend. I hope you enjoy your Sunday, and one of these recipes makes it to your table!
PS – you can follow my Pinterest boards during the week to find more tasty picks.