If you aren’t familiar with my weekend ritual, during the week I collect healthy recipes from fellow food bloggers, then over the weekend I select a few to try the following week.
Let’s see what’s on this week’s menu . . .
- Trail Mix Protein Bars from He and She Eat Clean – this healthy recipe for protein bars looks very interesting. They use protein powder in the mix to boost the protein content.
- Creamy Herb Vegetable Dip from A Cedar Spoon – cottage cheese and fresh dill make this a low calorie option for dipping.
- Healthy Homemade Salad Dressings – this is a graphic for several healthy salad dressing combinations you can make at home from SparkPeople’s diet website. I had to include this in my list because I much prefer skipping the additives in store purchased dressings.
- Black Bean Hummus from Chef in Training – this looks like a nice change from the classic hummus I take to work with veggies almost daily.
- Oven Roasted Balsamic Rosemary Beets from Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen – I can’t resist a good beet recipe.
- Pan Seared Salmon with Garlicky Swiss Chard from The Lemon Bowl – just a look at this healthy recipe for salmon and chard and you’ll be drooling like I was.
- Spinach and Feta Stuffed Tilapia from The Wholesome Dish – they roll spinach and feta inside tilapa to make an impressive seafood meal.
- Easy Taco Soup from Miss in the Kitchen – this spicy soup would make a terrific work week lunch.
- Skinny Chicken Salad Sliders from Cooking Rookie – I love the combination of chicken, apples and grapes.
- Oven Fried Cheesy Chicken Nuggets with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce from Sugar Free Mom – who doesn’t love chicken nuggets!
That’s it for today. I’m off to go wedding dress shopping with Daughter Rimmy. Wish us luck!