We’re all super busy, so spending a few hours on the weekend to prep meals for the coming week is the only way we eat well on work days.
Before we move on to this weekend’s healthy recipe picks, I want to share that I’ve been sprucing up this website. You’ll notice many changes, including a fantastic recipe index courtesy of Shay Bocks and her Foodie Plus WordPress theme.
If you happen to be visiting today, you’ll also spot two of me in the header of the site. That’s what I get for doing things myself, and not asking for help from WPCurve. I’m sure they’ll have it fixed in no time flat.
Anyway, that’s enough news for today. Let’s see what I found drool-worthy this week!
- Healthy St. Patrick Day Recipes from Peanut Butter & Peppers – my husband’s mother was born and raised in Dublin, so there are more than a few recipes in this bunch I want to try to celebrate the occasion.
- Whole Wheat Strawberry Banana Muffins from Amy’s Healthy Baking – I’m muffin crazy as long as whole grain flour is in the mix.
- Flourless Zucchini Apple Muffins from Mindy’s Munchkin Menu – this is a paleo muffin recipe that looks moist and packed with good-for-you ingredients.
- Thai Roasted Sweet Potato Soup from Skinnyms – this spicy soup is just one of many healthy recipes that sound delicious on this website.
- Mushroom Bisque from Weight Watchers – Mr. Mike is a mushroom soup fan. I’ll skip those sodium packed canned soups and make this for him instead. Just 5 Weight Watchers points for the whole bowl!
- Turkey Zucchini Poppers from To Simply Inspire – what a terrific idea for kids and adults alike. Just a handful of ingredients too!
- Honey Lemon Ginger Chicken from The Recipe Critic – you could easily make a double batch of this chicken dish and have extra for lunch the next day.
- Slow Cooker Island Pulled Chicken from Jeanette’s Healthy Living – Jeanette always has something delicious to share.
- Oven Baked Salmon with Parmesan Herb Crust from A Spicy Perspective – salmon has become the new chicken in our house. I’m always on the lookout for new ways to cook it.
- Easy Seared Shrimp Tacos from Chili Pepper Madness – anything with a Mexican theme wins hands down in our house.
- Garlic Almond Spaghetti Squash from The Good Hearted Woman – I hope my mom’s reading this. She adores spaghetti squash.
- Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower Pizza with Chipotle Blue Cheese Avocado Drizzle from Half Baked Harvest – okay, this healthy recipe isn’t low calorie, nor is it a quick weekday meal, but I had to share. I drool just looking at the photos!
- French Picnic Lentil Salad from Eat Your Greens – I’m always wanting to add more lentils to my diet. They’re completely packed with fiber.
- Quinoa Salad with Mango, Black Beans, and Cilantro Lime Dressing from Grumpy’s Honeybunch – I’d love to know the story behind the title of this blog!
- Chickpea, Goji and Wild Rice Salad from Coconut and Berries – I’m not sure where I’d find goji berries. I’ve tried to find them locally, without luck. I wonder if dried cranberries would suffice?
That’s it for this weekend. As you can imagine, I won’t get to all of these recipes. I usually pick from the list based on what’s on sale at the grocery store.
Be sure to leave a comment if you try one of these recipes to let me know what you think.