Happy Saturday! It’s time for another Weekend Healthy Recipes Roundup.
If you aren’t familiar with this weekly event, during the work week I collect healthy recipes from my favorite sources and pin them to my Must Try Pinterest board. Over the weekend I review my picks, then share them with you.
There were more than a few healthy recipes that made the list this week. Let’s see what I’ve found . . .
- Garlic and Paprika Roasted Cauliflower from Barefeet in the Kitchen – I seem to be collecting cauliflower recipes these days. Maybe because it’s affordable year around.
- Maple Dijon Roasted Carrots from Closet Cooking – I’m going to head to the farmers market to pick up a bundle of colorful heirloom carrots to make this tasty veggie recipe.
- L’il Pomme Anna Potatoes from Red Star Recipe – potatoes are thinly sliced, then layered in a cupcake tin to roast. These would be a company impressive side dish.
- Chickpea Stuffed Eggplant with Couscous and Tahini Sauce from Dishing Up the Dirt – I don’t use eggplant often enough, and like the idea of stuffing it with couscous.
- Mediterranean Celery Olive Salad from ally’s kitchen – celery, olives, arugula, dried apricots and dates make a delicious looking salad.
- Zucchini Fettuccine with Rosemary Butternut Creme Sauce from In Sonnet’s Kitchen – I doubt I would make this on a work night, but this veggie inspired fettuccine dish definitely looks like a weekend must-make.
- Vegan Potato Nachos from Delish Knowledge – what a great idea these nachos are for Mexican food and potato lovers like myself.
- Grilled Lemon Rosemary Chicken with Green Beans from iFoodreal – I’m ready to get out my grill for this classic combination of ingredients.
- Chicken, Zucchini and Fresh Corn Burgers from The Cafe – Chris makes burgers using my favorite veggie packing secret. Her burgers are studded with zucchini, fresh corn, green onions and cumin.
- Chicken Rolls with Asparagus and Mozzarella from A Better Balanced Life – chicken cutlets are wrapped around bundles of asparagus, then baked in the oven. Looks impressive, but completely doable on a weeknight.
I’ve also started a Weight Watchers healthy recipe board where you can find recipes I’m pinning specific to those of you on the Weight Watchers plan, though these recipes are perfect for anyone following a healthier lifestyle.
There are a few desserts I’ve pinned that I’m sure will make my dinner party guests happy this weekend.
- Weight Watchers Cherry Cheesecake from Recipe Diaries – this is Mr. Mike’s most loved dessert.
- Simply Filling Peach Crisp from Rachel Weighs In – any fruit would work in this crisp recipe.
- 2 Point Cupcakes from If Curves Could Talk – chocolate cupcakes without frosting, but you could dust these with a little powdered sugar to pretty them up.
That’s all for today folks! I hope you find something delectable to try. Be sure to leave a comment with your healthy recipe picks. I’d be happy to share them next week!