This easy pasta recipe with fresh lemon, basil and grilled salmon from Giada De Laurentiss made the perfect dish for a recent dinner party.
Giada knows her stuff. The combination of basil, capers and fresh lemon made a wonderful sauce for the pasta, and how can you miss topping it with grilled wild Alaskan salmon!
Happy, healthy cooking!
- * 1/2 pound whole-wheat spaghetti pasta
- * 1 clove garlic, minced
- * 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- * 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- * 1 tablespoon olive oil
- * 4 (4-ounce) pieces salmon
- * 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- * 3 tablespoons capers
- * 1 lemon, zested
- * 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- * 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta and transfer to a large bowl. Add the garlic, extra-virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Meanwhile, warm the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Add the fish to the pan and cook until medium-rare, about 2 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the fish. Remove the salmon from the pan.
- Add the basil, capers, lemon zest, and lemon juice to the spaghetti mixture and toss to combine. Set out 4 serving plates or shallow bowls. Place 1/2 cup spinach in each bowl. Top with 1/4 of the pasta. Top each mound of pasta with a piece of salmon. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 24.3g
Dietary Fiber 0.7g
Old WW Points 11