When it comes to making appetizers, these tortillas with avocado and chicken are definitely a crowd pleaser.
Here we are, and it’s another Happy Hour Friday.
I start every week with grand plans to accomplish this or that, and before I know it, Friday arrives. Most often, there’s still plenty left on my to-do list.
No big deal. There is always next week.
This Friday, I’m still working on my wrap theme. I decided to make a Mexican avocado cream, with chicken breast, ruby red tomatoes, and peppery cilantro.
Instead of using the usual wrap technique for this chicken wrap recipe, I simply rolled them tightly and cut them into bite sized pieces.
Enjoy your Happy Hour Friday. After everything you’ve accomplished this week, you deserve it!
Avocado Cream and Chicken Rollup Appetizers
30 minPrep Time
30 minTotal Time
- 4 small whole wheat tortillas
- 12 ounces chicken breast, cooked and finely chopped
- 2 small tomato, finely chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 ounces light cream cheese
- 3/4 medium avocado, chopped
- 1/2 small lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- Combine dressing ingredients in a medium bowl and blend with a mixer until creamy.
- Take one tortilla and spread 1/4 avocado cream around, leaving 1/2" around the edges.
- Layer 1/4 of the chicken, 1/4 of the tomato, 1/4 of the cheese, and 1/4 of the cilantro on top.
- Roll up tightly, and then cut off the ends. Cut into quarters.
What’s good for me in this dish?
Avocado contains vitamin K, fiber, potassium, folate and vitamins B6 and C. Avocados contain a monounsaturated fat called oleic acid, that could lower cholesterol. The potassium in avocados lowers blood pressure. The folate promotes heart health.
Chicken is a complete protein, with less saturated fat than beef. Much of the fat is in the skin, so it is best eaten without the skin, with chicken breasts being the leanest choice. Chicken provides 67% of your daily protein needs. It also has cancer protecting B vitamins, including Niacin and B6 for energy.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 3.56g
Total Carbs: 8.98g
Dietary Fiber: 1.04g
Weight Watchers Points 2
Nutrition details obtained from whfoods.org, nutritiondata.com, about.com, and abouthomecooking.com.