How many zucchini bread recipes can you possibly have?
Many, many this time of year. I have zucchini coming out of my ears!
I like this easy zucchini bread recipe because it lightens things up – something that’s not easy to do with a bread recipe. I added walnuts to my batter to add some crunch, but otherwise, this recipe from allrecipes.com was perfect.
I had some fun with this bread, using some small tart pans I had in the cupboard to bake mini loaves. They turned out great, didn’t they?
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded and drained on a paper towel
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup applesauce
- ½ cup egg substitute
- ? cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine flours, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Combine applesauce, egg, oil and vanilla in another bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Don't over-mix, or you will have tough bread.
- Spray two loaf pans with cooking spray and divide batter between pans.
- Bake for an hour until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out dry.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 2.82g
Total Carbs: 24.54g
Dietary Fiber: 0.81g
Old Weight Watchers Points 3