If you’re looking for a healthier breakfast treat, this sweet baked French toast recipe will do the trick.
My mother used to make French Toast for us on the weekends, so it’s always been a comfort food for me.
This recipe lightens it up a bit, and adds blueberries for color. These blueberries came from Trader Joe’s. They are the small, wild variety. I love them. They’re so sweet.
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup low fat milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Whip eggs, milk and cinnamon.
- Generously spray 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place bread in baking dish and pour egg over the top.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until bread puffs a bit and is lightly browned.
- Top with blueberries.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 9.06g
Total Carbs: 40.20g
Dietary Fiber: 5.80g
Old Weight Watchers Points 7
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content. Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.