If I had a choice I’d blog about food all day long. But the bills need to get paid, so off to work I go . . .
I work for our local school district and manage their 6,000 Apple computers. I’m the person that updates software, configures new computers and generally solves problems.
When you spend the largest part of your day at work, you’re fortunate if you enjoy the people you work with.
I have supportive and generous coworkers – Ski is one one of those generous folks. The other day he handed me a very large zucchini from his abundant garden (just the opposite of my sadly lacking vegetable garden).
I finally caved and started the hunt for a zucchini bread recipe.
Naturally, I adapted the recipe and used a few more eggs and whole wheat pastry flour. The end result was a super moist and flavorful use of Ski’s zucchini.
This isn’t a low calorie quick bread, but if your goal is to please family and friends, then this bread for you.
Thanks Ski! Have a terrific weekend everyone!
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup agave syrup
- 1 cup plain lowfat yogurt
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1 lemon lemon zest, zested
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 ¼ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¾ cup walnut pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine eggs, agave, yogurt, zucchini, lemon zest, canola oil and vanilla in a large bowl.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon in another bowl.
- Gently fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients and combine. Add walnuts.
- Fill loaf pan and bake 50 - 60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Calories: 296 Weight Watchers PointsPlus 8 Total Fat: 15.81g Cholesterol: 63mg Sodium: 142mg Total Carbs: 31.68g Dietary Fiber: 3.43g Sugars: 14.02g Protein: 8.20g
If you’re looking for more healthy and low calorie Weight Watchers recipes, check out my Recipe page. You’ll find hundreds of recipes that include nutrition information and Weight Watchers points.
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.