Who says healthy meals have to be boring?
Mike and I are working on a healthier eating plan. For the first time in our 30 year marriage, we both want to lose a few pounds before the holidays.
In the earlier years of our marriage, Mike was the slimmer of the two of us, but as those 30 years rolled by, we’ve both put on an extra few pounds around the middle. As crazy as this may sound, it’s been fun to work on losing weight together.
That’s not to say that we haven’t been craving our favorite foods. My husband adores breakfast of any kind, so stuffing zucchini boats with his favorite scrambled eggs were a hit to say the least!
And guess what?
I didn’t hear one complaint about missing the pancakes on the side!
Happy, healthy cooking!
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons onion, minced
- ½ cup mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 wedge Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese, Laughing Cow Herb Cheese, or low fat cheese of choice
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- pepper to taste (Skip the salt if you use Laughing Cow as it contains 210mg of sodium.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Trim ends of zucchini, then cut in half lengthwise, then in each section in half. Scoop out the middle to create for "boats."
- Place on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with pepper. Bake for 20 minutes until just tender.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium heat, then add vegetable broth, onions and mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes until tender. Add water as needed to keep from burning.
- Whip eggs, egg whites, Laughing Cow cheese or swiss cheese, and parsley to the skillet and cook until set and eggs are no longer runny.
- Fill zucchini boats with eggs and serve.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus 7
Total Fat: 10.52g
Total Carbs: 12.36g
Dietary Fiber: 2.78g
If you’re looking for more healthy and low calorie Weight Watchers recipes, check out my Recipe page. You’ll find hundreds of recipes that include nutrition information and Weight Watchers points.
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.