If you’ve been on the lookout for the best commercial toilets available in the market, you’re in luck. We’ve taken the liberty of putting together a comprehensive list of the most popular quality flushing toilets you’ll find in the market today. Here we go!
Top Product Reviews
1. Cadet Right Height by American Standard (Elongated Bowl, Pressure-assisted)
Known for their impressive quality and experience spanning decades, the American Standard has been a major producer of toilets for more than 140 years. So, if you’re very conservative, you might want to consider the Cadet Right Height.
Its design makes it ideal for use in corporate environments like offices, cinemas, restaurants, and other commercial centers. The product is compatible with persons of any kind of height and complies with Americans with Disability Act (ADA) standards. Hence, persons with disabilities (PWD) should have no problems using it. To add to that, it has an elongated bowl that will fit any buttock size, thereby ensuring comfort to all users.
Made from vitreous China material, this toilet model is durable and should give you many months of comfort. It also has a powerful pressure-assisted one-push flushing system that will clear feces with just one flush. This feature helped me to conserve a lot of water.
- Elongated bowl design with enough sitting space
- Highly durable due to vitreous materials from China
- High water efficiency with 1.6gpf usage
- Accommodates most persons (according to ADA)
- Surface uses EverClean innovation
- Poor customer service
2. Madera by American Standard (Elongated Bowl and Slotted Rim)
This impressive product makes our list of the best commercial toilets, and it’s of little surprise why. With the seat designers opting to utilize the popular split rim and a well constructed tankless structure, the American Standard’s Madera may well be a suitable option for you.
Its incredible features include a hand gripping metal handle and an elongated floor mount. It also operates on 1.6 gallons per flush, thereby helping you to preserve more water in the event of a restricted water supply. Plus it’s extremely easy to install.
For me, the most interesting aspect of this toilet is its unique ability to be immune to dirt and unwanted smell due to its EverClean surface.
- Little maintenance needed, owing to its inbuilt Everclean innovation
- Smooth and easy installation process
- One-time flush with impressive impact
- No tank system (drain valve)
- 15-inch height not acceptable by ADA standards
- You have to buy the seat covers and drain valve separately
3. Madera ADA – a Product of American Standard (Manual Flush, EverClean)
If you’re on the lookout for a standard toilet with a neat design that is also compliant with the ADA protocol, then you should check this out.
Since the item’s manufacturer is American Standard, you can rest assured of its durability. It contains vitreous china material and is harmless to the ecosystem.
This particular version of Madera operates on a 1.6gpf (water consumption & flow rate) and comes with a siphon jet that allows you to flush away its contents with a one-time flush.
- Meets the ADA criteria
- Surface design is based on EverClean innovation
- 1.6gpf and 1.6gpm (increased efficiency and low water intake)
- Siphon Jet-flushing
- Chances of causing constipation are high
- Slight discomfort for shorter adults
4. American Standard’s Madera ADA Universal (Floor Mount, Electronic Flush)
This model has undergone a major upgrade but is still in many ways similar to other products of it’s kind.
The stand-out feature of the Universal Floor Mount is its automatic flushing ability. With this model, you don’t need to touch or do anything other than to tend to yourself.
Just like its other counterparts, the product runs on a 1.6gpf rate and meets ADA criteria. In addition, users will still get to enjoy its EverClean innovation that prevents the toilet from dirt and bad smells.
- Has auto flush
- Pressure-assisted jet for flush
- Meets the ADA standards
- EverClean design
- 16.5 inches tall, hence, it can be a bit uncomfortable for children and short adults.
5. WOODBRIDGE T-0001 (Dual Flush, Elongated One-piece, Comfort Height)
If you’re in the market for something flashy and easy on the eyes, but will also go for a fair price, this dual flush toilet from Woodbridge is a top choice.
It’s a toilet specifically designed to be comfortable for most users with a moderate height design. It also comes with a stylish appearance with no corners and grooves. This structure makes cleaning a lot easier.
If you ask me, I’d say I’m impressed with the flushing capabilities. It has a dual push-button, is quiet, and quite powerful because of its siphon flushing feature. It has a soft surface that makes sitting comfortable.
- Moderate and convenient height design
- Its flushing system uses Siphon jet
- Modern and sleek appearance
- Soft seating surface
- Some users reported difficulty in installation
6. Madera EverClean by American Standard (Floor Mount, 15-inch Bowl, Flushometer)
Yet another interesting product from American Standard makes our list of best commercial toilets. Choosing this toilet is cost-efficient and will give you everything you would expect from a Standard toilet, if not more.
For starters, it uses as low as 1.1 gallons of water per flush, saving you at least 30% of water. It also requires no tank system as it operates with the help of a flushometer valve that gives more flushing power. Constructed from vitreous China material that makes cleaning and maintenance very easy.
- Easy installation process
- Power flush system
- Can use 1.1gpf – 1.6gpf
- You have to separately acquire the seat and flushometer valve
7. Madera Universal by American Standard (Elongated Bowl, No EverClean)
If simplicity is what you’re looking for in a toilet, then this item may be right up your alley. It’s 15 inches tall which makes it a perfect fit for your office or business space. It also has an efficient flushing rate with low water consumption of 1.6gpf.
Made for convenience, this toilet uses a push-button for flushing and is also quite cheap.
- Increased efficiency and low water consumption rate of 1.6pgf
- Simple design
- Simple installation process
- Doesn’t meet ADA standard
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is a commercial toilet?
A: A Commercial toilet is one that people use in public spaces like recreational centers, offices, restaurants, cinemas, and even schools. As opposed to a traditional residential toilet, commercial toilets have to follow specific guidelines and requirements. Good commercial toilets don’t use anything less than 1.6gpf. They’re also usable by people of different heights and people with disabilities.
Q: How do commercial toilets work?
A: Commercial toilets used in the vast majority of rest areas and public spaces have tankless designs. They depend on water from a large water supply line that delivers high-pressure water that’s fast enough to carry feces and waste down the drainage system. Residential toilets, on the other hand, draw water from a tank at the back to flush.
While choosing from the best commercial toilets money can buy, you have to consider those features we’ve mentioned such as height, flushing power, surface design, maintenance level, and ADA compliance. You can go as far as sitting on it to check if you feel comfortable. A good commercial toilet should be usable by people of all heights and people with disabilities.