You might have noticed that most homeowners often dream of having the right flushing toilet at home.
Many brands provide quality models that you can use to upgrade or renovate your bathroom.
But what is the best flushing toilet on the market according to consumer reports?
Review of Top 10 Flushing Toilets
We have listed the best models you can find out there and reviewed them thoroughly. Let us turn to their features, benefits, and pros.
1. TOTO CST454CEFG#01 Drake II 2-Piece Toilet
TOTO is a brand with over 90 years of experience in providing quality flushing toilets. This model has the following features:
- 2-piece design: The toilet comes as a bowl and tank to enable you to have an easy time when installing.
- Double cyclone technology: It is a tech that offers you a powerful flush to drive all the waste down the drain.
- Quiet flush: You can install this toilet for home at your residence and enjoy quiet flushing.
- Computer-designed trapway: Another notable feature is the 2-1/8 trapway that ensures all the waste gets down without blocking the pipes.
- Saves water: The product uses 1.28 gallons per flush, meaning that you can save up to 20% more water than a 1.6 gallons unit.
- 12 inches rough-in: That makes it a universal model that you can install in most bathrooms.
2. TOTO CST744SL#01 Drake 2-Piece Ada Toilet
The second model gives you the following features:
- Universal height: You can install this toilet at home and have confidence it meets the industry standards.
- 2-piece design: Its package includes a toilet bowl and tank, making it easier to assemble and install.
- 12 inches rough-in: The model fits in standard bathrooms thanks to its universal rough-in settings.
- Chrome trip lever: This feature guarantees you that you can flush your system many times without the lever getting worn out.
- Vitreous china: Another great thing is the material that gives you a smooth surface you can clean without a hassle.
- 12 months warranty: That gives you peace, knowing you are covered for one year.
- G-max flushing system: You get to enjoy powerful, quiet flushing, making this unit ideal for commercial use.
- Fast flush: Lastly, you get quick flush thanks to the 3-inch flush valve that is 125% larger than a 2-inch model.
3. TOTO CST744S#01 Drake Elongated Bowl and Tank Toilet
Many toilet brands do not have toilets that go for under $200, so when you find a model that is slightly above this price, you should consider it. Such one model is the CST744S#10, and here are its features:
- High profile design: The first thing you note is the contemporary design of the toilet. That makes your bathroom modern.
- G-max flushing system: Another great feature is the quiet and powerful flushing you enjoy when you choose this product.
- Commercial-grade: It was designed for use at home and other commercial buildings without any problem.
- Fast flush: This is possible due to the 3-inch flush valve that provides 125% more passage compared to a 2-inch model.
- Large water surface: The feature ensures the bowl gets cleaned with every flush to give you a hygienic model.
- Fully glazed trapway: You get to use a toilet that is easy to clean and does not block.
4. TOTO MS854114ELG#01 Eco Ultramax ADA Elongated One-Piece Toilet
The model comes in cotton white color that makes it easy to clean and maintain. Other notable features are:
- E-max flushing system: It is a system that saves you water as it only uses 1.28 gallons per flush.
- SanaGloss: The finishing provides you with a super smooth toilet that you can clean without a hassle.
- Ion barrier glazing cleans: This unique feature helps to clean the bowl every time you flush it.
- Fast flush: Another outstanding feature is the quick flush that you enjoy due to the 3-inch valve.
- Fully glazed traypway: Your toilet comes with a 2-1/8-inch traypway that helps to prevent clogging when cleaning.
- ADA compliant: The model meets the ADA standards, making it ideal for elders and disabled users.
- Elongated seat: Lastly, the system comes with an elongate seat that gives you comfort when using the bathroom.
5. TOTO CST43S#01 Drake Round Bowl and Tank
The item makes your washroom new and comes with quality features as outlined here:
- 2-piece design: Its package includes a toilet bowl and tank to enable you to install it with ease.
- Contemporary design: Another notable feature is the high profile design that gives your restroom a new look.
- G-max flushing system: One superb feature is the flushing system that is powerful enough to remove all waste and is quiet.
- High performance: That makes it the perfect unit for commercial use.
- Fast flush: The product comes with a 3-inch flush valve that allows the waste to get down the drain fast.
- Fully glazed trapway: You can bet of having an easy time when cleaning your toilet thanks to this feature.
- Large water surface: It is a feature that leaves you with a clean bowl every time you flush the toilet.
- White cotton color: The color makes it easier to clean the surface and give your bathroom an attractive look.
6. TOTO MS446124CEMG#01 Aquia IV Washlet Elongated Toilet
The toilet provides you with an attractive design you might want to have in your bathroom. Here are its features:
- Dynamic tornado flush: One notable feature is the flush system that allows for 360-degree flushing.
- Clean all corners: You get to use a clean toilet thanks to the 360-degree flushing ability.
- Cefiontect ceramic glaze: The glaze surface helps to prevent mold and debris from developing on the toilet.
- Saves water: That is possible because of the bowl design that reduces turbulence and resistance when the water is flowing.
- Quiet flush: Another benefit of the bowl design is the easy flushing that makes it perfect for commercial use.
- Completely skirted design: You get a sleek design that adds the attraction you desire in your bathroom.
- Easy to maintain: The other great thing is the ease of maintenance, giving you time to do other things.
- Soft-close toilet: There is no possibility of the seat slamming or getting damaged when you close it.
7. TOTO MS604114CEFG#01 UltraMax II One-Piece Elongated Toilet
Here are the features of the TOTO MS604114CEFG#01:
- High efficiency: The system only uses 1.28 gallons per flush to ensure that you save water.
- Tornado flush system: It is a flush that guarantees you effective flushing and zero chances of clogging.
- Cefiontect glaze: You can have the confidence that the surface remains free of dirt and other materials.
- Universal height: That gives you a product that meets the ADA standards and is comfortable when using.
- WaterSense compliant: Another notable thing is the WaterSense certification that shows you save water.
- Elongated design: You can use the toilet without getting tired due to the elongated design.
8. TOTO MS920CEMFG#01 G400 Washlet Bidet Seat Toilet
Here is something for septic that you can install at home to have a better toilet. We have all its features:
- Washlet bidet seat: The seat provides you modern design, and you can control it using a remote controller.
- Dual flush toilet: You get the freedom to choose between 1.28 gallons and 0.9 gallons per flush.
- 3D tornado flush technology: It is a tech that helps to save water while providing the powerful flush you desire.
- Rear and front warm water cleanse: The system comes with up to five pressure and temperature settings.
- Cefiontect glaze: Another great feature is the glaze surface that helps to prevent bacteria and material from sticking.
9. TOTO CST404CEFG#01 Promenade II Two-Piece Elongated Toilet
You can make the restroom look modern and more attractive when you install this toilet. It brings you these features:
- Classic style: The system boasts a traditional style of a bowl and a tank that you can connect with ease.
- Saves water: One great feature is the ability to conserve water as it only uses 1.28 gallons per flush.
- Cefiontect glaze: That finish prevents particles and dirt from sticking on the surface.
- Tornado flush system: The feature guarantees you a powerful centrifugal flush that clears all waste.
- Left-hand chrome trip lever: It does not get damaged even when you use it many times.
- ADA compliant: You can install this toilet at your bathroom and have confidence it works for elders.
10. TOTO MS604114CEFG#11 UltraMax II One-Piece Elongated Toilet
The model comes with a universal height to meet the elders and disabled needs. Other features are:
- Highly efficient: One great thing is the model uses 1.28 gallons per flush, saving you on water bills.
- Tornado flush system: The feature guarantees you a clean bowl whenever you flush your toilet.
- Cefiontect glaze: Another feature is the smooth surface that prevents particles and dirt from sticking.
- Soft-close seat: There is no possibility of the seat slamming or producing a sound when you close the bowl.
- Easy to maintain: It takes less than 10-minute to clean and maintain the toilet.
Buying Guide: Tips for Buying Flushing Toilets
A powerful flushing system can determine how effective your toilet will or will not be. Other things to consider when buying your flushing toilet include:
1. Compare the flush rating online
You want a toilet that can provide you service for over 10-year, so start by doing 10-minute online research to get the best one. Go through what other people have said about the flushing system, how it performances, and their general feeling of that toilet.
One great place to start is consumerreports.org.
2. Check for rebates on efficiency
A toilet uses about 2/3 of your home water. A high-efficient toilet that uses about 1.28 gallons per flush or has the EPA’s WaterSense label can go a long way in conserving water.
You can save up to 4,000 gallons per year, and some water companies can provide you with rebates for having an efficient model.
3. Consider a pressure-assisted model
Pressure-assisted toilets are more efficient compared to gravity ones, giving you a cleaner bowl. They come with a separate tank for holding the water under high pressure.
The water gets released under high velocity, and that guarantees the clean bowl. Such a model can be $100 more expensive compared to a gravity one.
4. Consider a wall-hung model
A wall-hung model can provide you with quality flushing and make it easier to clean compared to other models. You also get to save bathroom space when you pick such a system.
5. Go for a tall toilet
A model that meets the ADA standards come with a higher bowl of about 17-19 inches. The standard toilet comes with a height of 15-inch.
A higher bowl is comfortable for older and taller users and keeps the knees and backs free of pain. You might require $50 more to buy such a system.
6. Measure the rough-in
Most toilets let you install them at a 12-inch rough-in, although you can find 10-inch and 14-inch ones. Make your work easier by choosing the right toilet when replacing the older one.
What is the rough-in? It is the distance from the wall to the middle of the toilet flange.
7. Note the bowl size
An elongated bowl is 2-inch longer than around one and is more comfortable. Note the measurements before you buy your toilet.
8. Dual-flush models
You get a button for flushing liquid and one solid. Such a toilet can save you about 25% of water but might be at least $150 more expensive than a single flush system.
Always choose the best strong flushing toilets that can meet your needs and ones that provide value for money. Our review contains quality models, and the buying guide can guide you when picking the best for your home.
Leave a Reply