Regular bathtubs usually have valves at both the ends that run up through their edges. Most people don’t like these standard tubs since they don’t provide them with all the water they need for bathing and soaking.
That is why you should install the best freestanding tub filler on your bathroom. Free standing bath tub fillers can sit anywhere within your bathroom rather than inside your tub.
What to Consider When Buying a Freestanding Bathtub Faucet
Although you might find it expensive when renovating your home, when it comes to your bathroom, you might be forced to spend even more money to give it a modern look. You will need to install showers, tubs, fixtures and faucets.
The worst part is that you might have to return some items in case you bought some that are not fit for the purpose to avoid incurring a lot of losses. To avoid going through any hassle as far as buying free standing fillers is concerned, you should ensure that you do your due diligence when buying new fixtures.
According to consumer report, freestanding tub fillers cost a lot of money. As a result, you always need to ensure that you buy the top products so that you get value for your money. What is the best freestanding tub filler though? This is a question you may ask yourself severally without finding the perfect answer. However, here are some things you need to look for when preparing to buy freestanding tub fillers.
- Flow Rate
The flow rate of any particular tub filler determines how long it will take for it to fill your tub. What determines the flow rate is the size of the hose. To get tub fillers with a fast flow, you should go for one with a larger hose width.
- Type of Finish
You want to create a stylish look in your bathroom. As a result, you need special bathtub fillers with a stylish design and finish. For example, if you have a contemporary bathroom, you should go with a black, chrome or stainless-steel tub filler to make it stand out. For a classic bathroom, nickel-finished tub fillers would do.
- Installation Process
You aren’t going to love your freestanding tub filler if it’s a nightmare to install it. You may need to incur other costs by calling in experts to do the installation for you. Some tub fillers don’t also come with all the hardware needed for installation. You will need to buy them separately.
- Price of the tub filler
Price is also an important factor to look at. When installing freestanding tub fillers, as much as you may want to go for one with the most stylish design, you also need to stay within your budget. You need to weigh the quality of the product versus the cost.
Best Freestanding Tub Filler – A Detailed Look at Our Top Choices
1. Delta Faucet Trinsic Floor Mount Tub Filler T4759-FL : Best Functionality
With a sleek and elegant modern European design, you can experience water in so many better ways while taking a bath. It offers both functionality and style to give you the best bathing experience. What we loved most about the Delta Trinsic Floor Mount is its faucet with an eight-inch reach.
Besides that, it also comes with a separate hand shower. The Delta Trinsic Faucet is designed with the Touch2O Technology that makes it possible to turn it on or off with just a touch. This will make your life easier in case your hands are messy. The tub filler has a flow rate of 6 to 9 gpm for a more soothing and laminar water stream.
- Soft rubber spray holes so you can easily wipe away build-up of lime and calcium from the spray face.
- Full body spray that makes it perfect for all your shower needs.
- Double check valves on the hand shower for backflow protection.
- Available in lovely color options.
- Comes with mounting hardware.
- Easy installation.
- Boosts any bathroom appearance.
- Features a sleek and stylish design.
- Quite expensive.
- Only available in two finishing options.
2. Pfister Modern Single Hole Free-Standing Tub Filler : Best High-End Freestanding Tub Filler
Pfister RT6-1MFK tub filler is a high quality faucet that will add exceptional, style, value and innovation to your bathroom. It is one of the leading bath tub fillers that are recommended by the big players in the plumbing industry. It is designed with several features that make it one of the best tub fillers on the market.
One of the features that we loved is its Pforever Seal which is a valve technology that ensures the faucet never leaks. It can also be used by everyone, including persons living with disability. For added clearance, the tub filler features a high arc spout. It’s also very durable since it features an all metal construction.
- It will give your bathroom a modern look.
- Easily integrates with several modern collections.
- Spare parts are available.
- Beautiful design.
- Easy to install and works great.
- Comes with a hand shower for rinsing yourself off after a bath.
- Provides a high-end spa experience.
- Its smooth single handle makes it easy to operate.
- Some users complained that the product wobbles.
- Rough-in valve is sold separately.
3. Ove Decors Athena Freestanding Bath Faucet : Best Compatibility with Various Tubs
If you are looking for a stronger freestanding bath tub filler for your bathroom, then the Ove Decors Athena Bath Faucet is the best option. It combines a curved and crisp standing faucet with a hand held shower head to give your bathroom a modern look.
Even better, the Ove Freestanding Bath Faucet is designed with a state of the art pressure balancing valve to ensure that you have the best bathing experience by preventing nasty hot or cold shocks. You can install it anywhere around your tub thanks to its 360 degree rotating faucet head.
- Features a sturdy brass construction for durability.
- Comes with a 5-year warranty.
- It is CSA approved.
- Compatible with any freestanding tub.
- Can be mounted directly to the floor.
- The hand sprayer is very convenient.
- Reasonably priced.
- Works great and looks great.
- Very easy to install.
- Doesn’t distribute hot water efficiently.
- The thread of the main tube may crack during the installation process.
4. KES Brass Freestanding Tub Filler : Best Easy Installation
Are you looking for a tub filler that you can use thousands of times and still remain sturdy? Then the KES Brass Tub Filler is the right tub filler for you. It is designed with a heavy and durable base so that it can always stay upright all the time. What we loved about it is that you can install it at a distance away from your tub since it has a longer sprout.
It also comes with a hand shower with small nozzles. The hand shower is capable of delivering water at the right pressure for you. The small nozzles come in handy when you want to increase the pressure. What’s more, it is also made using brass which makes it very durable. However, it is somehow heavy and, therefore, difficult to carry to the bathroom to be installed by a single person.
- Has a stylish and modern look.
- Made from brass for durability.
- Has a longer spout reach as compared to other tub fillers.
- Its interlocking horse is made from stainless steel.
- Comes with hot and cold water supply lines.
- Installation is easy.
- Well made.
- Quite heavy for you to carry to your bathroom on your own.
- Some items needed for installation are sold separately.
5. JiaYouJia Freestanding Bathtub Filler : Best Stylish Design
You can add ultra-contemporary styling to your bathroom by installing the JiaYouJia Freestanding Bathtub Filler. Made from solid brass, the JiaYouJia tub filler has a durable construction. It usually comes in two types of finishes, brushed nickel and chrome finishes. Both of these finishes are resistant to corrosion and rust.
Apart from its tub filling sprout, the JiaYouJia also comes with a hand shower. The hand shower adds more convenience especially when you want to wash the tub or rinse the tub off after you have had a bath. Its sprout has a flow rate of 6 gpm. It will give you the right pressure you need for a more comfortable bath.
When you buy the JiaYouJia faucet, you will get all the required mounting hardware. In addition, it also comes with a ceramic valve.
- Sturdy since it is made of solid brash.
- Comes with a convenient separate hand shower.
- Comes with all the required mounting hardware.
- Its chrome finish makes it resistant to corrosion.
- Installation is easy.
- Its swivel spout can rotate for 360 degrees.
- Length and diameter is customizable.
- May develop leaks after some time.
- Only blends well with modern tubs.
By reading the product reviews above, you can now find it easy to choose the best freestanding tub filler that will suit your needs. When it comes to our pick, we would like to recommend the JiaYouJia Freestanding Bathtub Filler. We loved it because it features the most stylish design and is the most durable since it is excellently resistant to corrosion and rust.