What is the best shower pan for tile?
There’s no denying the fact that a shower pan is most suitable for small bathrooms.
A shower pan is the best option for kids and people with disabilities due to limited ease of accessibility.
It makes some space instead of a bathtub in your bathroom and more convenient to use for everyone.
In this article, we’ll reveal to you the best shower pans from the best brands to buy this year.
Shower Pans: 7 Best Reviews
Take a look at the shower pan systems we have discovered in the review below:
DreamLine SlimLine DLT-1134480-22 Center
Are you looking for a spacious and comfortable place to shower? This model can help you increase the space of your bathroom with the base.
It has an elegant and timeless design that makes it installable in any bathroom. The top is made of high-gloss acrylic that is resistant, doesn’t slip, and of good quality. This is reinforced by fiberglass and the use of PVC rings give it a structural support foundation.
Available in an elegant biscuit, white, or black color, it is aesthetically attractive and functional, in addition to the SlipGrip giving it non-slip properties.
Its dimensions are 34 x 48 x 2.75 inches. So it can be installed on or flush with the floor. The product is certified by cUPC but requires a professional installation.
DreamLine SlimLine DLT-1134600-22 Shower Base
The Pennsylvanian shower product manufacturing brand, DreamLine, is well-known for its high-quality shower doors, enclosures, tubs, and shower bases. Its products are popular with homeowners, so the majority of our choices of the best shower pans come from this brand.
This shower tray has been manufactured with a rectangular shape to suit most showers. Being universal in style, this DreamLine SlimLine product measures 34 inches in depth, 60 inches in width, and 2.8 inches in height. With a single threshold shower base designed in a white, black, or biscuit color coating.
Its design is elegant and modern, so it fits as a sophisticated piece to the decoration of the bathroom. The plate is made of acrylic and reinforcement of fiberglass.
Also, for greater user safety during the shower, it has a non-slip surface that can be suitable for foot massages. Unlike other models, this pan does not include the drain valve in its accessories.
DreamLine SlimLine DLT-1036360-22 Corner Drain
This model is a shower base with a corner drain design. It is made of high-gloss non-porous acrylic with a shower base texture. There is the SlipGrip floor surface design which makes it slip-resistant for safety in the shower enclosure.
The finishes of the base denote quality in elegant white, biscuit, or black, with delicate details of the latest generation. This model has a value for the money as it offers quality properties that stand out despite its competitive price.
Thanks to a strong and durable acrylic shower tray, which has been built for quick installation. Due to dimensions, it adapts to large shower spaces.
It is a square shower pan and measurements are 36 inches long, 36 inches (width) by 2.8 inches (height). This makes it possible to install almost flush with the floor.
DreamLine SlimLine DLT-2036360-22 Neo-Angle
This DreamLine SlimLine is similar to other shower bases from the same manufacturer in this review in terms of material and quality. However, it has a neo-angle design which makes it suitable for a corner shower. You also have a choice of color between white, black, and biscuit.
Available in an elegant coating, regardless of the color, this is a shower tray suitable for placing in bathroom rooms with minimalist or contemporary style.
It is made of three types of materials: durable acrylic, fiberglass reinforcement, and ABS. It has a mineral-filled finish, which gives it texture. For this reason, it has non-slip and extra-flat properties of 2.8 inches in height, thus, suitable for a quality installation.
Its full dimensions are 36 inches depth, 36 inches width, and 2.8 inches in height. The neo-angle shower pan has a weight of about 33 pounds approximately.
It has a SlipGrip textured surface which makes it resistant to slips. It is certified by cUPC and is in compliance with the standards in the US and Canada.
Tile Redi USA B3060C-SCSQBVZ Shower Pan
Tile Redi USA is another US-based manufacturer that has added to the market a large number of shower tray models that have become some of the best on the market. Such is the case with the Tile Redi USA Shower Pan, which has high-end and quality attributes. It is a one-piece shower base that is easy to install.
It is made with highly-resistant polyurethane resin. Its manufacturing materials have been treated to show off and have textured finishes like a slate stone.
Unlike the DreamLine SlimLine products, it includes a grate and drain valve. It has a design with high-end and elegant finishes, which is available in various colors to select the one that best suits your needs. You have a color option between brushed nickel, matte black, oil-rubbed bronze, polished chrome, and tileable grate.
In the single kit is included a two-inch PVC drain as well as a square drain plate. All Tile Redi shower pans are listed by UL. It comes with three years of limited warranty.
DreamLine SlimLine DLT-1032320-22 Corner
The last DreamLine shower base in the review, but it’s definitely not the least in terms of the quality aspect. It has a corner drain fitting and is available in a color option of classic white, biscuit, or black.
It has a rectangular shape and size which fit almost all shower enclosures. In dimensions, it measures 34 inches in depth, 48 inches in width, and 2.8 inches in height.
It has a durable construction which comprises acrylic, fiberglass, and ABS materials. Also, it is slip-resistant, thanks to the SlipGrip surface. The acrylic material is high-gloss, non-porous, and of premium quality. This means it is easy to maintain and gives it lasting beauty.
Schluter Kerdi 36 x 48-inch Center Shower
The Schluter Kerdi shower tray is a rectangular type of shower pan designed for the placement of a center shower drain. The orange shower tray is a rectangular product that measures 48 inches of length and 36 inches in breadth. The edges have a thickness of one inch.
The product is cuttable with a table saw for the right fitting. It is built with the Kerdi water-proofing material and can be easily used with Schluter drains, which are sold separately.
Not only very comfortable when showering, it is also very comfortable when entering the shower. Thanks to small thickness around the edges, which makes getting in and out of the shower a breeze.
Forget the complexity of having to get into a bathtub. We are talking about a borderless design to avoid possible tripping. This helps prevent slipping.
What You Need to Know
Measuring for the Right Pan Size
The first thing you want to do is take a closer look at the actual size of the shower base for tile walls that you need. This means you’ll need to go into the bathroom itself and look at the space where you’re going to put the shower. If you already have a shower in that space or if you’ve already roughed in where you want the shower to go this is going to be an easier process. You can simply measure what’s already there. Keep in mind that there is a small amount of excess between the inside edge of the shower pan and the studs where your new shower base is going to attach. You’ll want to account for this when you measure.
Shower Pan Materials
What is the material that you want for your shower pan for tile walls? There are a few common materials for a shower pan that you’ll want to take a closer look at.
- Fiberglass – This is one of the most popular types of shower base for tile walls styles because it’s inexpensive but relatively durable. Fiberglass is actually a mixture of woven glass fibers and polyester resin and it provides a product that is usually reinforced and ready to go. It can stain pretty easily and it’s also going to need replacing more quickly.
- Acrylic – This is another of the most popular versions because it’s a little more durable and it’s going to be relatively inexpensive and easy to care for. That’s because it pretty well does what it needs to on its own and it’s treated to hold its shape. In fact, Acrylic is heated and then stretched to make sure that it’s not going to warp over time.
- Tile – Tiles are going to create a beautiful look and they’re definitely going to be something in your bathroom. In fact, you’ve probably seen a number of different amazing oases that use tile for their shower base. The downside is that these are going to be a lot more expensive and time consuming to install. Not only that but they’re difficult to keep clean, the grout starts to wear away and you’ll need a very strong and level substructure to install them properly.
- Composite – Composite materials are generally the best option, though they’re not always the most commonly used. That’s because they tend to be durable and strong. They’re lightweight and they’re able to repair as needed, with no problems. What some don’t like is that they can be more expensive to get up front, but if you don’t have to worry about replacing it or repairing it as frequently that higher cost can definitely pay for itself in the long run.
There are a number of different threshold styles that you can choose for a shower base, but it’s going to depend on your specific needs and the needs of others in your household.
- Tub/Shower Threshold – If your shower is also going to be a tub then you’re going to have a higher threshold. These are not ideal for those with mobility problems because they’re difficult to get in and out of.
- Low Profile – If you have someone with a mobility issue in the house or you want to make sure that anyone with mobility problems will be comfortable in the house in the future you may want to take a closer look at low profile showers. These generally have a lip but the lip is very low, generally only a few inches.
- Barrier-Free – These types of thresholds are actually level, which means there is no actual threshold. Anyone who needs to get into the shower can simply walk into it in the same way that they would walk across the floor.
Pay attention to the way you want to orient your shower and the way that the drain system is already set up in your bathroom. If you haven’t roughed anything in yet or hooked up plumbing you may have the freedom to choose any shower pan you want and frame out the drain and plumbing to match it. If you already ran the plumbing or it was already set up you’ll want to choose a pan that fits what’s already there to avoid any excess charges.
Who needs a bathtub when a shower pan installed with a shower door can offer you more freedom.
Suitable for people with mobility challenges and kids, the shower pans are made for minimalists.
We hope you’ve discovered your choice among the best shower pan systems reviewed in the article.